Our client is the hub for all business communications. They have created an email productivity platform that helps sales, customer success, and recruiting teams do their jobs by integrating with a company's existing toolchain - email, calendar, chat, CRM, and more - to bring all information into one place. This means the platform is syncing, storing, & indexing hundreds of millions of events a day into their system, and then building blazing fast APIs and rich integrations to delight users. Additionally, the company has an extensive Developer API that powers entire third-party products.
As a web engineer, you’ll be a part of a team specifically focused on building out the next generation of the system. This means being a member of a team that values continuous and collective learning, culture over process, data-driven development and always asking tons of questions. The company actively blogs about their work, contributes to open source, sponsors Open Collectives, and hosts/presents at meetups. Furthermore, the company is actively encouraging every developer to do the same under their own names.
As a web engineer, you’ll:
- Lead and contribute to the development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other web engineers.
- Be directly involved in the entire development lifecycle of improvements to the company's product.
- Work with your team to improve the delivery processes and advocate for building maintainable, high-quality code in a distributed codebase.
- Work with React, Node, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis.
- Contribute to the company's open source libraries.
Requirements and skills you possess:
- Excellent knowledge of: Node, React (or other front-end frameworks).
- Have excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding technical abilities.
- Have worked remotely before for at least 1 year
- Work in an area where you can have at least 4 hours overlap with 9 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time
Awesome if you also:
- Working knowledge of at least one of: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Have worked in a distributed codebase.
- Have contributed to open source.
- Are familiar with email protocols (SMTP, RFC822).
- Have developed a Chrome Extension.
- Love to experiment with new technology and share knowledge with the team