Our client is a cloud technology startup launched in January 2016, developing Database-as-a-Service. They run and manage Open Source database and backend messaging systems for the business customers around the world. They take the pain away from running databases and allow the customers to focus on building their own products without worrying about database management. Currently, they offer Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB, and Grafana in more than 80 regions around the world on AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, DigitalOcean, Packet, and UpCloud cloud platforms. The company has offices in Helsinki, Finland, and Boston, MA.
Right now they are looking for a Python Developer with Site Reliability Engineer responsibilities to join their team in Helsinki. You need to be a solid software developer who has experience developing non-trivial Linux backend applications, about 70% of the work is software development.
- Continuous development:
• Improving automation (self healing, validation robustness, continuing automating things done manually during on-call)
• Improving monitoring (to scale up as the user base grows)
• Improving alerting based on a) false alarms we receive, b) shortcomings we notice during our daily operations
• Fixing bugs
• Database version upgrades (some development, some testing etc.)
• Package upgrades (mostly automated, but something breaks occasionally)
• Fedora version upgrades
• Maintaining continuous integration (Jenkins) server
- Ops work and support:
• Participating in on-call and operations duty
• Customer support, answering customer questions
• Writing help articles and blog articles
Besides an opportunity to join an ambitious and fast-growing company, the company offers stock options, private healthcare (+dental care), and sports and culture vouchers.