Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Company size:51-200 employees
Trial period:4 months
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
- Windows side graphics and rendering pipeline development. You need to be able to make things excellent using standard graphics technologies such as DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan (and related shading languages) and be the expert for us.
- Development of rendering algorithms for typical or new and unique Virtual Reality engineering challenges (for example, foveated rendering, time warp/spacewarp).
- Be accountable for creating, debugging, tracing, optimizing and shipping core parts of our rendering & compositing pipeline (both CPU and GPU side).
- Be responsible for unit testing, regression testing and robustness of your own code.
- Fluent in C/C++ with multiple years of development experience as primary development language and several large scale projects shipped.
- Expertise in working with at least one core graphics API (DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan). Track record of shipping high performance products using these core technologies.
- Proven skills of shipping graphics/rendering pipeline code in either graphics heavy R&D such as game engine development, offline rendering or consumer electronics products.
- Strong math skills (especially around graphics, i.e. linear algebra and related fields).
- Knack to find creative and innovative solutions and the persistence to polish them to perfection.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others.
- Our company language is English - thus good communication skills in English are required. Don't need to know a word of Finnish though.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Experience with Python.
- Knowledge of GPU offerings such as Nvidia VRWorks is a plus. This will come in handy when we work to reduce frame rate and latency for our whole system.
- Previous experience working on building a game engine is a huge plus as then you have worked on similar rendering pipeline challenges you will work on at Varjo.
- Previous experience of working with virtual or augmented reality solutions is a plus.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki