Must have skills:
Varjo is revolutionizing reality with hardware and software that let you seamlessly merge virtual, mixed and traditional reality – all with the clarity of the human eye.
Redefining computing with seamlessly merging virtual, mixed and traditional reality takes us on a path of defining and dreaming completely new ways of seeing and creating in 3D.
You will be joining engineering team focused on creating VR software stack. You're focus will be to work on the core stack of our product offering that integrates various VR tracking and interaction technologies, provides an SDK for 3rd party application and engine developers, interacts with our specific hardware and manages the necessary processes and related communication. To be the right person for this role you have experience of working with systems that consists of multiple components interacting with each other and you know your way around Windows. Past experience or interest for technologies such as video processing, SDK's, realtime graphics or 3D engine development will help you shine.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level. As an individual, you obviously need to want to solve nearly impossible problems and be a team player who wants to work with other world-class software developers, designers and HW engineers.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We will gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest, cleanest and one of the safest countries as easy as possible.
- Define, develop and ship core components of our VR stack. Ensure that our codebase is robust, modular and performant.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- When necessary, debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Have fun while working on hard problems.
- Fluent in C/C++ and proven history of writing awesome code which is modular, testable, maintainable and well documented. 5+ years of experience as primary development language.
- Worked in projects that have more than 10 developers working on it and successfully shipped. Experience of shipping is fundamental.
- Background with one or more of the related core technologies: SDK's, 3D engines, Real-time Graphics, video processing, IPC, Process management in Windows or motion tracking technologies.
- Previous working experience with VR/AR is a plus but not must.
- Good communication skills in English.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions