Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Aiven is a cloud technology startup launched in January 2016, developing Database-as-a-Service. They run and manage Open Source database and backend messaging systems for the business customers around the world. They take the pain away from running databases and allow the customers to focus on building their own products without worrying about database management. Currently, they offer Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB, and Grafana in more than 80 regions around the world on AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, DigitalOcean, Packet, and UpCloud cloud platforms. The company has offices in Helsinki, Finland, and Boston, MA.
Right now the company is looking for a self-driven Senior Software Engineer in Testing to join their team in Helsinki. You’ll be part of a team working on the cloud platform, further extending the test automation and test infrastructure and focusing on more complicated scenarios, like performance testing and upgrade tests. Depending on your interests, you can also take ownership not just of the test automation vision but also of the overall quality and risk levels of the service.
- Strong background in software engineering and test automation
- Excellent development skills in Python (pytest)
- Keen interest in test automation
- Experience on using Linux in development
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Hands-on experience with some of the following systems: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Experience and interest on infrastructure as code
- Good understanding of security (software, networking)