Our client is the hub for all business communications. They have created an email productivity platform that helps sales, customer success, and recruiting teams do their jobs by integrating with a company's existing toolchain - email, calendar, chat, CRM, and more - to bring all information into one place. This means the platform is syncing, storing, & indexing hundreds of millions of events a day into their system, and then building blazing fast APIs and rich integrations to delight users. Additionally, the company has an extensive Developer API that powers entire third-party products.
As a platform engineer, you’ll be a part of a team specifically focused on building out the next generation of the system. This means being a member of a team that values continuous and collective learning, culture over process, data-driven development and always asking tons of questions. The company actively blogs about their work, contributes to open source, sponsors Open Collectives, and hosts/presents at meetups. Furthermore, the company is actively encouraging every developer to do the same under their own names.
As a senior platform engineer, you’ll:
- Lead and contribute to the development of critical projects, working with and mentoring other platform guild members.
- Contribute to raising the high availability and reliability of the platform.
- Advocate for cutting edge, and high quality, processes and tools within the platform guild and across the entire engineering organization.
- Use, and improve the monitoring tools and platforms to help influence the technical roadmap with data-driven decision making.
- Work with Node, Go, AWS, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Terraform, React.
- Contribute to scaling the distributed worker system.
Requirements and skills you possess:
- You’re able to overlap with San Francisco time by at least 4 hours a day.
- You’ll be working with us from a permanent location (e.g. your home).
- You’ve worked full-time (40hrs/week) remote for another company for a minimum of 1 year.
- Excellent knowledge of Node
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following AWS services: VPC, EC2, ELB, Lambda
- Have excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding technical abilities.
Awesome if you also:
- Have monitored large server fleets and complex interacting subsystems (for ex. Statsd or Grafana).
- Knowledge of Mongo, Elasticsearch.
- Have experience architecting, deploying and operating asynchronous distributed work queues, high-volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems.
- Are an open source contributor.
- Are familiar with email protocols (SMTP, RFC822).
- Love to experiment with new technology and share knowledge with the team