An ideal candidate would possess most of the following key skills:
- Experience with event-driven architecture and real-time stream processing platforms
- Experience in designing distributed systems with large scale data.
- Experience with Kafka pipeline: Kafka Connect and possibly KSQL
- Developing and deploying microservices in Kubernetes clusters
- Extensive experience in Java and Python
- Proficient with AWS services including S3, EC2, SQS, instances on scale etc.
- Experience with IoT systems producing hundreds of thousands of messages per second ideally with MQTT
Nice to have:
- Experience with time-series databases ideally InfluxDB.
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining Kubernetes clusters
- Some experience with Spark, Presto
- Some experience with functional programming e.g. in Scala
In addition, we expect:
- Ability to work in a multi-location environment and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and work on competing priorities
- A customer-oriented mindset and ability to understand complex business requirements