Our client is a high load video conferencing platform. Recently they've reached a million minutes of video conferencing going through its platform every hour. That's video and audio being decoded, mixed and encoded in real-time on more than 4,000 virtual machines all around the world.
Currently we are looking for a Tech Support Engineer who will help with customer service support. Location: Oslo, Norway.
Role and Responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities for the position include:
- Works with customers to troubleshoot reported problems, identify root cause, and resolve the issue
- Able to triage technical situations effectively and efficiently
- Capable of evaluating multiple different resolution paths and evaluating best possible outcomes independently and with customer service owners
- Able to communicate highly technical issues to non-technical people to explain why issues are occurring and what can be done to improve the situation
- Able to effectively prioritize cases based on urgency, impact, and customer need
- Conduct and maintain competitive research and knowledge around the Unified Communications and Collaboration market
- Identify and recommend possible optimization tasks to customers
- Communicate and work closely with the sales team related to ongoing events with customer situations