Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Company size:1,001-5,000 employees
Trial period:3 months
Gamesys is a Bally’s Corporation company and forms part of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe. They work only under license and take into account the laws of each country in which they operate. Unlike many companies in the industry, they believe that the main thing is the user's entertainment. Therefore, the company carefully looks at the fact that people would not lose all their money, but rather enjoy the game.
Now they are looking for a hands-on Engineer with a passion for data to work alongside other developers, architects and business analysts in an agile environment. You will be working in a delivery team to deliver batch and streaming data pipelines from company's strategic Google cloud-based lake, warehouse and other data platforms, as well as from their legacy enterprise data warehouse (IBM DB2) while they transition; to reporting, marketing, gaming and other platforms and 3rd parties such as regulators. You will work with data scrum team members, data architects, product owners and business analysts delivering elegant solutions and troubleshooting problems. You will get to work with large data sets and apply the latest big data technologies on a range of cloud and on-premise platforms. An interest or experience in the gaming industry is desirable.
Must have skills:
- Strong SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing experience.
- Unix shell scripting (or alternative) experience.
- Has worked in a team that adhered to agile principles.
- Has demonstrated self-motivation/pro-activeness on a previous role.
- Good communication skills, and an ability to explain work well to other team members.
- A keenness to understand how the technical task at hand translates into business value.
- Someone who is not afraid to put forward ideas for improving team process or suggest new features to the Product Owner.
Good to have skills:
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Public cloud experience, Google highly desirable.
- Experience of DB2.
- Experience of data reporting or dashboarding platforms such as Tableau or Cognos.
- Experience or demonstrable interest in analytics and/or machine learning.
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, and REST APIs.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions