Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement: Onsite or hybrid
Industry: IT Services and IT Consulting
Required experience: 3+ years
Relocation: Not paid
Visa support: Not provided
Size: 51 - 200 employees
Insly has provided full-cycle low/no-code insurance software for MGAs and insurance companies since 2014. Insly delivers a scalable solution for C-Suite employees and underwriters looking to launch and distribute new products. Additional services like accounting, reporting, and claims management tools further enhance the platform's capabilities for streamlining and optimising insurance selling and admin processes.
As a Lead QA Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in leading a team responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our software products. Your responsibilities will include not only devising testing strategies and overseeing plans but also actively engaging in day-to-day testing tasks. You'll execute test cases, identify and resolve issues alongside your team, ensuring the delivery of top-notch software. Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, you will drive QA initiatives and refine testing processes to uphold our quality standards.
- Develop comprehensive test strategies, plans, and approaches.
- Lead and execute test cases, scripts, and procedures; oversee team efforts in identifying software bugs and performance issues.
- Drive the automation of test cases, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in testing processes.
- Identify, document, track, and communicate bugs; oversee resolution efforts and maintain detailed test records.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, providing guidance and ensuring alignment on quality goals and deliverables.
- Continuously evaluate and improve QA processes and methodologies to optimise efficiency and effectiveness.
- Mentor and guide QA team members, fostering their skill development and growth.
- Create and maintain documentation related to test plans, procedures, and results.
- Extensive experience in quality assurance, with a focus on software testing methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Proven experience as an Exploratory Tester in agile projects with a strong focus on understanding the business rationale behind functionality development.
- Experience testing API-oriented micro-service solutions; confident use of tools like Postman or similar for API testing.
- Familiarity with principles of Context-Driven Testing and the ability to adhere to them in practice.
- Successful implementation experience of QA practices/processes throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with different parties and stakeholders.
- Precise attention to detail to ensure comprehensive test coverage and accurate bug documentation.
- Experience leading or mentoring a team is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
Perks and benefits:
- Flexible working time and working place – we choose results over the process and understand that with freedom also comes accountability!
- Company benefits - we want to make sure you are in great health, so we offer health insurance or sports compensation. We also compensate phone and headphone purchase costs in addition to your monthly phone bill!
- Flat structure - in Insly we do not believe in titles or hierarchies, you can turn to anybody at any time - no corporate BS!
- Friendly colleagues and supporting managers - people are Insly’s greatest asset, so we will make sure everyone is surrounded by awesome teams and have helpful managers. Our team and company events are both memorable and genuine!
- Family- and employee-friendly employer - our employees perform several roles in their lives, and we aim to support all of them. Insly is one of the most family- and employee-friendly companies in Estonia!
- Innovation - we believe in what we do, and we do it with great passion – join Insly and be part of the innovation wave hitting the insurance market!