Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Middle or senior
Baltics, CIS, and Central Europe
Linnworks connects, manages and automates commerce operations, powering businesses to sell wherever their customers are and capture every revenue opportunity.
Now, Linnworks is looking for a Database Engineer who will be working on the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of the database servers. This is a hands-on role, requiring proven technical skills. In addition to the role, you will be working along with the team in order to transform the way Linnworks manages and distributes information, by using technologies that allow developing the most efficient and innovative methods for storing and protecting data in the system.
- Solid work experience with MSSQL or PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of internal DB engines and performance.
- Windows Server Operating Systems knowledge.
- Database Server Installation and Configuration.
- Database Backup and Restoration, Performance tuning.
- Scalability and handling seasonal variation and load spikes.
- Database schema, table and index design.
- Report writing and ad-hoc data manipulation.
- Experience with high transaction OLTP environments
- Responsibility, self-discipline, and the ability to get the job done.
- Good level of English, written and spoken.
- Thirst for knowledge.
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud Services (such as EC2, RDS, Redshift).
- Infrastructure automation using Terraform and Ansible (or similar).
- Redis, InfluxDB / Prometheus, Elasticsearch or any other database engines.
- Automation experience using Powershell, Python or any other scripting language.
- Coding experience in any OOP language (like C# or Java).