Must have skills:
One of skills:
Nice to have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Level:Middle or senior
Company size:51-200 employees
Aiven is a cloud technology startup launched in January 2016, developing Database-as-a-Service. They run and manage Open Source database and backend messaging systems for the business customers around the world. They take the pain away from running databases and allow the customers to focus on building their own products without worrying about database management. Currently, they offer Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB, and Grafana in more than 80 regions around the world on AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, DigitalOcean, Packet, and UpCloud cloud platforms. The company has offices in Helsinki, Finland, and Boston, MA.
Right now the company is looking for a talented Python Developer in Support to provide the customers an outstanding customer support experience. The role is a combination of direct customer involvement and software development. The customers are primarily developers with good understanding of technology and along with the entire development team, you will be helping them succeed using their services. Good Python skills are required for creating and improving the support tooling as well as implementing features requested by customers.
- Python systems programming;
- Experience with Linux;
- Experience with Databases and messages systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka etc.);
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure);
- People/customer communication skills;
- Fluency in English
- Experience developing applications, preferably in either Java, Python, Go, or other similar programming languages;
- Able to troubleshoot and root-cause software issues and revolve customer cases in a timely manner;
- Have either developed applications using or, worked in some technical hands-on capacity with some of the technologies in the portfolio;
- Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting and root-causing software issues;
- Fast learner - Ability to pick up new and unfamiliar technologies quickly.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions