Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Founded in 2015, Immersal develops AR tech that empowers people to merge digital and physical realities with spatial mapping and immersive digital content. At Immersal, they enable Spatial Mapping and Visual Positioning on every device, for everyone, everywhere. Their products and services are the key components enabling the Metaverse. They have users and clients around the planet and are leading VPS suppliers to the 4/5G mobile operators to enable their Edge Computing strategy.
Your job will be to help deliver state-of-the-art virtual and MR features included in their software stack. You will nail it with a rigorous and passionate approach to writing core product code and relentlessly optimising performance, debugging, tracing and doing all the magical things only a world-class talent can do. You are natural at designing and implementing new algorithms and can transform theory and research into optimised implementations.
They do not expect you to be an expert in everything but you should be highly skilled in some of the following: SLAM, MVG, applying AI/Neural networking on map adaptation to changing environment, Real-time mapping, Combining Lidar with image data on building and improving Visual model localization performance.
- Fluent in C/C++ with multiple years of development experience as the primary development language and several large scale projects shipped.
- Expertise in working with at least one core graphics API (DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan). Track record of shipping high-performance products using these core technologies.
- Experience from working at user interface level in 2D and 3D.
- The knack to find creative and innovative solutions and the persistence to polish them to perfection.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others.
- Our company language is English - thus good communication skills in English are required. Don't need to know a word of Finnish though.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Knowledge of GPU profiling tools such as Nvidia NSight or GPUView is a plus. This will come in handy when we work to max out the frame rate and reduce latencies and resource usage.
- Experience working with AR or XR user interfaces.
- Working on network-related software and video streaming.
- Working on Linux based software.
- Previous experience working on building a game engine is a huge plus as then you have worked on similar rendering pipeline challenges you will work on at Immersal.
- Strong math skills (especially around graphics, i.e. linear algebra and related fields) is a bonus.
- Previous experience of working with virtual or augmented reality solutions is a plus.