For a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets, we're looking for a Software Developer to contribute to shaping the leading marine analytics platforms in the world. We are considering candidates who are already in Finland.
We are looking for developers who are able to work on all layers of the software stack, and who are experienced in release management and continuous delivery, and who are working according to these principles. The software environment is mainly Linux. Data-heavy backend is developed with Java and Python in a test-driven manner using a DevOps pipeline (Docker and Kubernetes). The employed technologies include also SciPy, Spring Boot, TypeScript, React and PostgreSQL. Note that we don't expect the developer to be an expert in all of these.
This position is suitable for you if you:
- enjoy designing, maintaining, and optimizing complex systems and making them meet the users’ needs
- are service-minded and enjoy supporting the internal and external users of the system
- have significant experience in several of the technologies from the tech stack, but you don’t need to be an expert in all of them. You are eager to learn additional technologies as needed.
- have a positive attitude and want to take initiative and responsibility in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
It’s a plus if you:
- have automation experience in build and release processes
- have contributed open-source code