Must have skills:
Lyfta is an award-winning, digital platform where teachers and students can easily access immersive and interactive 360 degree storyworlds. Ideal for developing engaging and powerful lessons to teach literacy, geography, sustainable development goals (SDGs), Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE), global citizenship, philosophy for children (P4C) and art, as well as fostering values and skills such as resilience, empathy, self-direction and critical thinking.
Our client is an immersive learning platform that prepares children and young people for the future with a combination of progressive pedagogy, documentary storytelling and VR technology. The company was founded in 2016 by a documentary filmmaker / teacher couple who have a desire to use technology for good, and increase understanding of one another through education.The main customers are schools, municipalities and universities who purchase platform subscriptions. The main market currently is the UK with over 300 schools using this platform.The company works with the the latest Google Chrome browser on PCs, Macs, Android tablets and iPads. They also have offline apps for smooth delivery in low bandwidth areas and VR apps for Google Cardboard and Gear VR.
- 5+ years of experience with Unity
- Ability to speak up and bring new ideas for the product development
- Have a passion for software engineering, and for creating what doesn’t exist
- Know how to make the tradeoffs required to ship without compromising quality
- Realize that automated tests are a worthwhile investment
- Appreciate agility and pragmatism in software development
- Thrive in a startup environment
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions