Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:501-1,000 employees
Rambus is an international cryptography and security company with development offices in California, Finland, Netherlands and Scotland.
You will work closely with hardware, software, and security engineers to architect, design and develop innovative software solutions for challenging problems related to hardware security systems and products.
This position involves work on a wide range of projects related to all areas of embedded system development, including on-chip firmware development, driver development, application development, and development of internal software tools and SDKs used for Development, testing and verification of hardware and software.
- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in an embedded software team tasked with Test, Design, and Validation of the embedded and Cloud software.
- Defining test strategy and preparing test plans for embedded software products of the company.
- Testing, automating, and maintaining manual and automated regression suites software/hardware releases.
- Detailed test plan, test case and results documentation.
- Participate in creating SoWs by providing test estimates.
- Align software test activities to meet Product Development Process schedules using best practices and tools (Knowledge of Agile and Kanban processes is appertained)
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and perform testing activities.
- Coordinate with teams in San Francisco to support the development activities.
- Signing of QA releases, following the internal processes.
- Provide QA estimates for LOEs, schedule estimate for SOWs, and final schedules for PM and CPM.
- Product Verification & Validation activities, as well as lead software documentation design reviews.
- Support Debugging of the issues.
- Participating in project team discussions on product design and presenting test results to engineering teams and management.
- Contributing in a meaningful way to team goals and initiatives to increase quality and efficiency of software test processes.
- Design, Setup and maintain the continuous integration systems for the local teams.
- Setup and maintain build environment.
- Responsible for the release and maintenance of the code in the designated repositories for the customers.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders at other offices around the world
- Interact with other QA teams to ensure proper transfer of information and review of test plans
- Experience with embedded systems including bare metal, RTOS and embedded Linux
- Solid Python (including OO and Factory design concepts) and Python QA automation, e.g. pytest
- Bash scripting
- Working knowledge of C/C++, HTTP(S), JSON
- Working knowledge of Linux command line tools
- Continuous integration systems and tools for development process.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, git/svn, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience creating detailed test plans
- Experience with client-server testing
- Ability to build scripted “mock” servers for QA, and help productize.
- Some experience with FPGAs and SBC’s in an embedded QA setting is a big plus
- Good written and spoken English
- Flexibility to travel (10%)
- A minimum of 7 years of Software QA experience
“nice to haves” in the skill set include:
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience testing cryptographic or other advanced algorithms
- Experience testing Linux drivers
- Experience setting up and using HSMs
- Background in Build and Release
- Experience with AWS or Azure IoT
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions