Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:501-1,000 employees
RELEX Solutions provides an integrated retail and supply chain planning system that delivers results for customers around the world. Through precise demand forecasting, automated replenishment, revolutionary space planning and assortment optimization, they help businesses plan better, sell more and waste less however fast the market changes.
The core development team is looking for an experienced Backend & Database Developer who wants to join them in this. As a member of development team you would be a valuable member of a highly skilled and motivated squad of software craftsmen. Creating and optimizing algorithms handling billions of data items would be a challenge rather than obstacle to you. Or you are at home creating and honing beautiful and easy to use user interfaces with modern browser-based technologies. You would be creating mission critical software, which handles millions of euros worth of goods per day, running on servers having hundreds of CPU cores and terabytes of RAM.
In a nutshell; we are looking for software professionals who want to build systems which have a purpose – systems which have an impact on real world issues from cutting costs to reducing waste and increasing availability.
You will be a member of the core product development team, working on the parts of the software written in Java. Your tasks include implementing algorithms and data structures as well as profiling, optimizing and debugging existing ones. You will work closely with supply chain, user interface and other experts.
- At least a few years of hands-on experience in developing non-trivial Java software
- Interest in analyzing and optimizing performance
- Disciplined, professional attitude towards software quality
- Fluency in English
WE APPRECIATE ALSO:
- Experience in using Java profilers (eg. Java Mission Control, JProfiler)
- Understanding of low-level computer architecture and its implications to software performance
- Familiarity with columnar databases
- Degree in computer science
- Possibility to be one of the good guys, working on a product that makes a real difference in the world.
- Self-organizing team with brilliant co-workers
- Flat hierarchy organization
- Flexible work hours and possibility for remote work
- Ability to choose your own tools
- Possibility to contribute to open source
- Smartphone and internet connection benefit
- Delicious coffee
- Lots of sporting options: Gym, yoga, floorball, badminton…
- We’ve also got a brewing club!
Relocation assistance is provided.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions