Must have skills:
Our client is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. They drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages the teams choose to use.
An e-commerce company becoming a multi-service platform for the fashion industry is looking for a Senior Research Engineer for their R&D office in Helsinki.
As a Senior Research Engineer, you will conduct algorithmic research plus you will design and build the optimization engines for content selection and creation operations. Your solutions will earn millions of Euros and improve customer experience with a great content selection. You will have the freedom to challenge our status-quo and help us define best practices for how we work.
JOIN A GREAT AND GROWING TEAM
In the Platform Steering team, you will reinvent and change the way on-site content creation and selection is done. We believe that data, automation and Machine Learning can take on-site content selection to the next level by matching the right customer with the right content on a large scale, driven by technology instead of manual processes.
You will join the team responsible for driving the data and AI driven future of our content selection. Our cross-functional team of Research Engineers, Economists, Data Engineers, and Product Managers has the end-to-end responsibility for the products, from research and analysis to testing and deployment. Our vision is to build a platform able to ensure that all content creation and selection efforts are focused on customer needs. To this end, we plan to have two components:
- A data-driven Content Steering Mechanism, including Auction Service, that allocates visibility in real-time to maximize customer experience and business performance.
- Near real-time advanced content performance analytics, with a focus on causally identified performance uplift.
As a Senior Research Engineer, you will work in different “modes”. You will start out with an idea, explore and evaluate it (“research mode”) for some weeks, and then once they have proven the merit of the idea, go into “engineering mode” to implement your idea in production.
You will bring in your experience developing machine learning solutions and prototypes. You will be working on exciting real-world problems with a measurable short term and long term impact. Your skills should involve:
- You hold a PhD or MSc (or comparative experience) in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other similar quantitative fields.
- Technical Expertise: Deep understanding of statistical / machine learning methods, applied in a commercial context. You are eager to broaden your area of expertise.
- You know how to deal with data. You have the skills to query, analyze, and cluster data and know how to set up monitoring and data quality assurance. You might have experience in working with AWS (EC2, S3, Data Pipelines) and handling large scale data.
- You bring machine learning systems to production. You have experience with bringing machine learning models into production. You are fluent in languages such as Python, Scala, or R. Experience with ML-related packages or big data frameworks such as Spark is a plus.
- Drive: You have an ability to initiate impactful projects and create innovative technical concepts to solve challenging problems. You are passionate to develop a great product as part of an agile team.
- Growing people: You are expected to mentor and grow junior Research Engineers and shape the future team.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions