One of the foundations of immersive computing is the data channel between our HMDs, different peripherals and a Windows PC. That foundation must have extremely low latency and be robust for failure and easy to use for the rest of our software stack.
Your role as our Senior Windows Driver Developer will be to create that foundational data channel. You will be responsible for designing, writing and shipping our Windows-side drivers that support USB and PCIe among other technologies. Your focus will be on creating Windows drivers that are robust and have extremely low latency. Connecting things with custom drivers to Windows is something you have done multiple times to solve engineering challenges that default drivers simply cannot solve.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We of course support relocation from outside of Finland to make your move to the happiest country in the world as smooth as possible.
- Design, develop and ship all of our custom Windows drivers that are necessary to achieve our latency and robustness goals.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Be our low-level Windows driver expert as we design current and future products.
- Work closely with computer vision engineers, graphics developers, HW engineers and our embedded SW engineers to create the necessary driver capabilities and to make the right design decisions for both SW and HW.
- Understand and apply good development practices for successful driver development.