Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Company size:51-200 employees
Trial period:6 months
Smarp is a leading employee communication, advocacy and engagement SaaS provider with operations in Helsinki, Stockholm, London and New York with more than 70 full-time team members.
We are looking for a new Scrum Master to join our growing tech team!
You will be helping and ensuring that the team follows the agreed processes in the Scrum framework and encouraging the team to improve in their Agile adoption.
As our newest Scrum Master, you will:
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies
- Protect the team from outside disturbance
- Remove impediments
- Guide the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Assess the Scrum Maturity by coaching the team towards higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Be part of the building of a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
You are definitely the one we are looking for if you have:
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was using Scrum (NOT Scrum in name only)
- Obtained a certificate from Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance; or something similar
- A very good understanding of Agile values and principles and experience and willingness to live (work) by those values
- Experience applying patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework (e.g. numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats etc.)
- Willingness to train and coach people in various settings: team, 1-on-1 coaching, class room type of training, and etc.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc
- Experience from Agile transformations would be nice to have
- Ability to sell ideas and motivate people
- Ability to influence without formal authority / being a manager
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- We're looking for someone with a somewhat technical background. Ideally, you would have experience with software testing, development (in our relevant technologies) and/or UX/UI and you would be interested in helping in any of those areas. This role does not have a 100% guarantee to be a full-time Scrum Master unless you can convince us otherwise with your background (coaching, training, etc.)
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions