Must have skills:
Senior or lead
CIS and Schengen
Ubisoft RedLynx is one of the largest game studios in Finland founded in 2000. They have created over 100 games for all major platforms, sold over 10M copies and had their mobile games downloaded over 120M times.
Right now, the company is looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer for their unannounced project. You will be responsible for leading a gameplay programming team within a collaborative multidiscipline and multicultural environment. You will join a world-class AAA open-world multiplayer project where several Ubisoft studios have come together to explore new frontiers. As a Lead Gameplay Programmer, you will guide your team in implementing various exciting gameplay features, while working in close collaboration with designers, level designers, and other gameplay and programming teams.
Must have skills:
- Several years of software development experience with significant involvement in at least 1 published game in a relevant programming capacity
- High-level knowledge of most areas of game systems development (Game systems, AI, Control, Camera, Animation, UI, audio, etc.)
- Strong capacity to translate game design or creative intentions into technical gameplay solutions
- In-depth knowledge of at least one game engine (commercial or in-house)
- Experience working with a large game codebase and its modules, middleware and associated pipeline
- Very good C/C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of common online systems and the ability to debug networked/asynchronous systems
- Excellent leadership skills or strong interests and potential to grow people leadership skills
- Self-motivation, eagerness to learn, adaptability, and pride in getting things done
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Good to have skills:
- Proven experience managing and leading gameplay programmers
- Experience working with at least one modern console platform
- Very good knowledge of object-oriented development including design patterns and UML
- Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc.
- Experience working in a multi-site collaboration environment
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions