Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement: Onsite
Industry: Computer Hardware
Required experience: 5+ years
Relocation: Not paid
Visa support: Provided
Size: 201-500 employees
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We are looking for a Computational Vision Developer who will be working with the typical ala carte of topics such as SLAM, 3D reconstruction, depth sensing, pose tracking and quite a few others. As a person you enjoy not only researching solutions to complex problems but also actually getting those into the hands of real users.
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions to solve complex computational vision challenges
- Create code that is elegant and maintainable. It really ships to users
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions.
- Deliver capabilities with well documented and usable API’s
- Invest time to follow the industry trends and directions in computer vision. We should never stop learning.
- Work to optimize solutions for best possible performance.
- Contribute to our IP strategy with innovative and patentable solutions.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: SLAM, dense mapping, 3d scene reconstruction, feature (eye, pose, gesture, object) tracking, image segmentation, scene understanding, 3d/mesh model compression
- Experience in dealing with multi-sensor, multi-modal, multi-camera systems
- Fluent in C/C++
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- Knack to find creative and innovative solutions and the persistence to polish them to perfection
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics)
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Capability to effectively manage your time between multiple simultaneous projects
- Good communication skills in English
- Previous experience of working with OpenCV is a plus
- Previous experience of working with mixed reality solutions is a plus
- Knowledge of working with multiple hardware platforms including embedded programming is a plus
- Knowledge of parallel computing: OpenCL, CUDA, GPGPU etc. is a plus
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions