Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement: Onsite only
Industry: Computer Hardware
Relocation: Not paid
Visa support: Not provided
Size: 201-500 employees
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
Your job will be to lead our test and release activities across all software development efforts. This means looking after the daily and weekly release testing of our core VR stack, keeping tabs at releases coming together, and overall pushing forward for an iterative and fast moving engineering culture. You'll work together with our immersive computing platform team to imagine how that effort will be tested, and you'll contribute to the right test approach for computer vision algorithms. Your approach will be to lead a test and release effort that is able to support our iterative development with the right mix of automation, manual, partner and telemetry based testing. Your work does not stop at just getting integration to work and tests ran – you will also strive to give results in an efficient way to our developers and rigorously improve the quality of our software. In other words, we'll expect a lot from you.
As a person you bring a factual, shipping-products-focused mindset to the team, along with your experience of working with different releasing and test activities during your career. It does not hurt if you have written some lines of code in your past. Our developers are a collection of world-class talent, and we want you to aim for the same level.
As we grow we will also look for you to expand the team together with the rest of us. The environment will be dynamic, and you should get energy from that. There is no existing answer to how to build and test the computers of the future, so we will invent it together.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support.
- Plan, specify and lead our test activities across all of our software development efforts.
- Be accountable for our releasing cycle and keep focus on our daily and weekly releases progressing as they should.
- Take a hands-on approach to ensuring that we have the right test specifications and execution for manual and automated test activities where we create maximum value and minimal waste with test. When needed, test things yourself.
- Ensure that what we release to partners and customers actually works – or at least we know how and why it doesn't work.
- Work closely with our different graphics, computer vision, SDK and product engineering teams to define, support and execute the right integration and testing activities. We strongly believe in setting teams for success with cross-functional efforts.
- Drive a culture of quality software creation and data-centric thinking where continuous integration and testing ease the everyday life of our development teams and create a working rhythm where we always have something that works.
- Create new and scalable ways of testing the computers of the future.
- 6+ years of experience in release/build management and test roles. Proof of successfully leading activities at the right scale.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the test approaches we take. It can be manual, automated, telemetry or user-based testing.
- Capable of leading yourself but also leading others. You don't necessary have to have previous leadership experience, but you have to have the right characteristics for such a role.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Track record of shipping products and being a key individual in the integration and test effort.
- Interest and passion for doing things differently and challenging yourself and others to think of new ways to solve problems.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Previous experience of working with virtual reality and augmented reality solutions is a plus.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions