Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Company size:51-200 employees
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions to solve complex computational vision problems
- More specifically, plan and develop real-time depth map estimation software solutions that are primarily based on RGB and active depth sensor data and machine learning
- Create code that is elegant and maintainable. It really ships to users.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions
- When necessary debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Hands-on experience with active depth sensors - such as time-of-flight sensors - and fusing their data with RGB camera pairs
- Experience with state-of-the-art disparity estimation algorithms and their machine learning based variations
- Experience with object segmentation from RGB(+D) data, either classical or deep learning methods
- Experience with real-time neural networks on GPGPU architectures
- You have implemented novel high-performance algorithms by yourself for one or more of the above problems
- Fluent in C/C++ with over 4 years of experience as a primary CPU language
- You speak GPU. CUDA, OpenCL, compute shaders, or relevant GPGPU language
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others
- Good communication skills in English
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
- Intro call with Toughbyte
- Intro call with VP of Engineering or a hiring manager
- C++ focused test assignment (2-3 hours)
- 3 different interviews (tech+culture) in 1 day
Check out the answers to frequent questions about this position below. Can't find the answer you're looking for? Ask us via email or try the company page.
Is it possible to work remotely?
For this position, there is the occasional need to come to the office to test out new depth HW or modifications of the existing ones. More so than any other role in the team. So relocation to Finland is a requirement.