Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:51-200 employees
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
Your job as a Unity VR engineer will involve developing and sharing the best practices of creating virtual reality experiences and applications using Unity3D. You will play a principle role in how succeeds with our customers and partner developers. You'll provide readily available code that perfectly utilizes our XR products and Unity3D, or work directly with our partners in finding and supporting their implementation goals. As part of this effort, you will also support them in any other technical issues they face or might need help with. In many ways, you will be the glue between our R&D effort and partners, so that they can leverage our products to the full extent.
In your role, you will get to work with and support world-leading companies from industries ranging from manufacturing and engineering to architecture and simulation. Your success will rely on high-quality software development skills, and you need to have a passion for working directly with our customers in solving their needs and issues. A concrete output will always be example code on our developer portal, available to all. Your background is most likely in either VR or 3D game development with Unity3D. You are equally comfortable with writing code and using the Unity editor as you are with working with our partner developers in solving their problems.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you are based outside of Finland at the moment, we will gladly support relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Developing and maintaining high-quality example code and components for Unity3D used with our XR products.
- Working directly with customers and developers across industries to solve their problems and turning the learnings into improved examples or other technical concepts.
- Potentially solving any technical barriers or issues our customers or developers face on their journey of reinventing reality.
- Proven multi-year experience of Unity3D development. Capable of writing clear and high quality C# and efficient usage of the Unity Editor.
- Track record of successfully working with 3D game development or Virtual Reality development in a developer role.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area is preferred.
- Great communication and writing skills in English.
- Previous experience in working with virtual reality, augmented reality or developer products/solutions is a plus.
- Experience with C++ is a plus, as that is the prominent language used to develop our own stack.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions