Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:51-200 employees
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We're looking for a Video Processing Algorithm Engineer who will be joining our client's engineering team focused on creating its Mixed Reality software stack. You're daily job will be to work at the intersection of different vision technologies, camera hardware and video pipelines. To succeed in this role you have past experience with real-time image/video processing. You will tackle topics such as image & video restoration, and noise modelling and estimation. The techniques you use can come from the more classical signal processing background or deep learning neural networks.
As an engineer you have a passion to get things to not only work but to perform in a real-time system. You're not scared of going down developing GPU code with an aim to shave off the needed milliseconds for an awesome experience.
Our client's developers, designers, and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level. As an individual, you obviously need to want to solve nearly impossible problems and be a team player who wants to work with other world-class software developers, designers, and HW engineers.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We will gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the capital of the world's happiest, cleanest and one of the safest countries as easy as possible.
- Develop various real-time image and video processing algorithms needed for the Mixed Reality products.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- When necessary, debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Have fun while working on hard problems.
- Fluent in C/C++ and proven history of writing awesome code which is modular, testable, maintainable and well documented. 5+ years of experience as primary development language.
- Proven experience of real-time video processing techniques. Either shipped solutions or relevant publications in the industry.
- A bonus if you have background with GPU computation or neural networks.
- Worked in projects that have more than 10 developers working on it and successfully shipped. Experience of shipping is fundamental.
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions