Must have skills:
Varjo is revolutionizing reality with hardware and software that let you seamlessly merge virtual, mixed and traditional reality – all with the clarity of the human eye.
Our client develops a high-quality VR headset with a patented technology that provides eye-level resolution. We are looking for a Computational Vision Developer who will be working with the typical ala carte of topics such as SLAM, 3D reconstruction, depth sensing, pose tracking and quite a few others. As a person you enjoy not only researching solutions to complex problems but also actually getting those into the hands of real users. Responsibilities
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions to solve complex computational vision challenges
- Create code that is elegant and maintainable. It really ships to users
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions.
- Deliver capabilities with well documented and usable API’s
- Invest time to follow the industry trends and directions in computer vision. We should never stop learning.
- Work to optimize solutions for best possible performance.
- Contribute to our IP strategy with innovative and patentable solutions.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: SLAM, dense mapping, 3d scene reconstruction, feature (eye, pose, gesture, object) tracking, image segmentation, scene understanding, 3d/mesh model compression
- Experience in dealing with multi-sensor, multi-modal, multi-camera systems
- Fluent in C/C++
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- Knack to find creative and innovative solutions and the persistence to polish them to perfection
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics)
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Capability to effectively manage your time between multiple simultaneous projects
- Good communication skills in English
- Previous experience of working with OpenCV is a plus
- Previous experience of working with mixed reality solutions is a plus
- Knowledge of working with multiple hardware platforms including embedded programming is a plus
- Knowledge of parallel computing: OpenCL, CUDA, GPGPU etc. is a plus
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions