Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:51-200 employees
Trial period:4 months
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
Currently we are looking for a Graphics Developer. Your job will be to help our client deliver state-of-the-art graphics performance and rendering behavior in VR. You will nail it with a rigorous and passionate approach to writing rendering capabilities, using the core APIs of the Windows platform (such as DirectX), and relentlessly optimizing performance, debugging, tracing and doing all the magical things only a world-class talent can do. You will also have a chance to work on other aspects of a visual pipeline such as distortion correction, foveated rendering, colour aberration handling and everything else we dream about when thinking about the future of immersive computing.
- Windows side graphics and rendering pipeline development. You need to be able to make things excellent using standard graphics technologies such as DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan and be the expert for us.
- Development of 3D rendering algorithms for typical or new and unique Virtual Reality engineering challenges.
- Be accountable for creating, debugging, tracing, optimizing and shipping core parts of our rendering & compositing pipeline.
- Design interfaces for other components and 3rd party developers to use our pipeline.
- Be responsible for unit testing, regression testing and robustness of own code.
- Fluent in C/C++ with 6+ years of development experience as primary development language.
- Expertise in working with DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan and low layer graphics pipeline development on Windows 10. Track record of shipping high performance products using these core technologies.
- Knowledge of GPU offerings such as Nvidia VRWorks is a plus. This will come in handy when we work to reduce frame rate and latency for the whole system.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Proven skills of shipping graphics/rendering pipeline code in either graphics heavy R&D such as game engine development or consumer electronics products.
- Knack to find creative and innovative solutions and the persistence to polish them to perfection.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Previous experience of working with virtual or augmented reality solutions is a plus.
- Previous experience working on building a game engine is a huge plus.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki, relocation assistance is provided
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions