Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:51-200 employees
Trial period:4 months
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We are looking for Mixed Reality Software Lead who will be responsible for leading our clients Mixed Reality software development effort. You will work with computer vision engineers, technology partners, designers and HW engineers to distil the right development plan and keep the train rolling. At the same time you will work with a team of engineers to solve the engineering challenges and preferably get your own hands dirty by writing code yourself. You should be passionate about both developing software and building the right mixed reality features and product.
- Multiple years of experience in software development, preferably as a developer. Proven record of writing high quality C/C++.
- History and interest in leading software development. Skills and tools to think about priorities, focus and plan slightly ahead of others.
- Experience of working and preferably leading iterative development. This can mean lean, Scrum, Kanban or any other flavour. The key thing is that you believe in iterative development and can lead it.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent expertise preferred.
- Preferably experience of CV algorithms in one way or another. This could be development background or just working closely with MR products.
- Knack to find creative and innovative solutions and the persistence to polish them to perfection.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others.
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions