Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:51-200 employees
Trial period:4 months
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
You will be responsible for designing and developing the embedded SW and device drivers we need to run our HMD. To be the right person for this role you should have a strong background in embedded software development and a passion for creating software solutions that shine at the magical border of software and hardware. You should be just as comfortable with the art of HW bring-up as you are with developing production quality embedded software that will run for years on the devices we ship to our customers.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. We of course support relocation to Finland if you're currently based somewhere else and would consider moving to one of the world's happiest, cleanest and safest countries.
- Analyse, design and develop embedded firmware for HMDs that results in production quality software.
- Perform board bring-up, testing and debugging together with hardware engineering and the rest of the software team.
- Own the embedded side software architecture of products, which is robust and reliable for a mass manufactured device.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Understand and apply good development practices of successful firmware development.
- Fluent in C/C++ and proven history of writing embedded code which is modular, testable, maintainable and well documented. 6+ years of experience in the embedded domain.
- Track record of producing production quality, fail-safe firmware for real-time systems control that have shipped at scale.
- Knowledge of inter-chip communication such as SPI, I2C, UART, CAN and MIPI.
- Experience of the whole lifecycle of product creation, starting from HW bring-up to keeping products alive in the market.
- History of working with low-level device documentation and translating that information to accurate and robust software solutions.
- Prior experience in working with mass production and embedded system production testing is a plus.
- Knack to find reliable solutions and the persistence to polish firmware to the level of production quality.
- Capable of working closely with other engineering disciplines across hardware and software. We believe in setting teams for success with cross-functional efforts.
- Good communication skills in English.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions