Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:51-200 employees
Trial period:4 months
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We're looking for a Sensor Fusion Engineer who will work on methods to robustly combine a wide variety of sensor data. The algorithms you work on will use this data to infer how the user and controllers move, allowing to provide authentic motion experience to the user in VR/MR.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you are currently based somewhere else, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland: we will make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Develop sensor fusion, tracking and related tools
- Data-driven R&D: obtain data, challenge and improve algorithms iteratively
- Push solutions to production quality level for a wide variety of sensor environments
- Several years of work experience with C++ as the primary dev language
- Strong demonstrated skills in relevant mathematics (e.g. from MSC/PhD degree in computer science, physics, math, statistics, ...)
- Experience on working with real sensor data (e.g. from cameras, radars, lidars, sonars, IMUs, odometers, ...)
Nice to have:
- Sensor fusion and modelling, as in robotics, aeronautics, automotive, ...
- DSP, machine learning, computer vision, data science or SLAM
- Working with Python, Matlab or R
- Working on VR and/or AR
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions