Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:51-200 employees
Trial period:4 months
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
Your job will be to develop our automation and integration asset which gives us continuous feedback about the maturity of our mixed reality software stack. You must be passionate about building software in the right way and using automation and integration pipelines as a part of that process. We expect you to sit down and write test scripts, spend hours debating right tooling and then set it up and push for the right, proven ways and completely new approaches to automated testing of software and systems. Our developers are a collection of world-class talent, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you are currently based outside of Finland, we will gladly support relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Design and develop our test automation and CI pipeline which is a core part of our software development approach. Work with industry standard tools like Jenkins, Gerrit, Robot Framework.
- Ramp up automation while you get your hands dirty writing regression test sets and API validation automation for our mixed reality asset.
- Work closely with our different graphics, computer vision, SDK and product engineering teams to define, support and execute the right automation activities. We strongly believe in setting teams for success with cross-functional efforts.
- Drive a culture of quality software creation and data-centric thinking where continuous integration and testing is an activity that eases the everyday life of our development teams and creates a rhythm where we always have something that works.
- Create new and scalable ways of testing the computers of the future.
- Hands-on experience with test automation frameworks (for example robot framework) and writing test scripts with relevant scripting languages. We are not religious about what tool chain you have used previously, but you should be able to figure out what the best tools are for the job at hand.
- Multiple years of experience with C++ and Python.
- Experience with tooling such as Jenkins, Gerrit, GTest and the likes.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Track record of shipping products and being a key individual in the integration and test effort.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Previous experience of working with 3D engine such as Unreal or Unity is a plus but not mandatory.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions