Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:51-200 employees
Trial period:4 months
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
Your job will be to design, specify and run test procedures and test cases which give continuous feedback to your developer colleagues. We approach testing with a unique mix of automation, telemetry, manual, and user-based testing where manual testing is one of the core pillars. You must be passionate about building software in the right way and doing smart testing as a part of a larger engineering team. We expect you to sit down and write test cases, spend hours debating how we should test our software and then continuously execute that test plan as part of our iterative development process. Our developers are a collection of world-class talent, and we want you to aim for the same level in your line of work.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you are coming from abroad, we will gladly support relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Design, specify and execute manual test activities as part of our immersive operating experience development. We want you to work next to your developer colleagues to define what and how we should test and then execute those tests.
- Report results of test activities every day and find easily reproducible steps that our developers can then go and fix. Be able to isolate signals from the noise of issue feedback to the work of your colleagues.
- Drive a culture of quality software creation and data-centric thinking where continuous integration and testing area activities that ease the everyday life of our development teams and create a rhythm where we always have something that works.
- Multiple years of hands-on experience of designing test cases and running test procedures as part of larger software development.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Track record of shipping products and being a key individual of the integration and test effort.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Previous experience of working with virtual reality and augmented reality solutions is a plus.
- Previous experience with working with 3D engine such as Unreal or Unity is a plus but not mandatory.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions