Varjo is revolutionizing reality with hardware and software that let you seamlessly merge virtual, mixed and traditional reality – all with the clarity of the human eye.
Redefining computing with seamlessly merging virtual, mixed and traditional reality takes us on a path of defining and creating completely new ways of interacting with your environment. Gaze tracking is one of those fundamental technologies that enable immersive computing to become a part of our everyday life.
You will be joining our gaze tracking engineering team with a focus on building internal tools and data pipelines that speed up our capability to process and analyse the data we collect for our computer vision algorithms. You will also work with creating test automation intended to consciously test the behaviour and robustness of our gaze tracking solutions. To be the right person for this role, you have to have experience in setting up and building tools that take data in and create continuous and structured analysis results. In addition, you have created automated test systems before by designing and scripting relevant tests. As a person you prefer to get your hands dirty and solve tasks by creating code and automation that do them on your behalf, rather than needing to do them by hand each time.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities In Finland is a possibility we can discuss, and we will gladly help with relocating to Finland if you are currently based somewhere else.
- Define, develop and maintain our data processing tools used as part of our gaze algorithm development.
- Specify and develop test automation for catching issues and regressions in our gaze tracking capability as part of our iterative development process.
- Drive a culture of quality software creation and data-centric thinking where continuous integration and testing is an activity that eases the everyday life of our development teams and creates a rhythm where we always have something that works.
- Have fun while working on hard problems.
- History of setting up data processing set-ups that are able to take in large amount of e.g. video data and run specific algorithms on them to create continuous and structured output.
- Hands-on experience with test automation frameworks and writing test scripts with relevant scripting languages. We are not religious about what tool chain you have used previously, but you should be able to figure out what the best tools are for the job at hand.
- Previous work experience in software development or testing for a relevant industry such as graphics-focused R&D (e.g. gaming or 3D engine development), consumer electronics or media content tools.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Track record of shipping products and being a key individual in the development or testing effort.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge with others.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Previous experience of working with virtual reality and augmented reality solutions is a plus.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions