Must have skills:
Varjo is revolutionizing reality with hardware and software that let you seamlessly merge virtual, mixed and traditional reality – all with the clarity of the human eye.
Our client developes a high-quality VR headset with a patented technology that provides eye-level resolution.
We are looking for a Unity Engine Developer who'll be working as a part of the core engineering team focused on making our client's computing platform of the future work seamlessly with the Unity 3D engine and tools. In this role you will be accountable to bridge the capabilities of our lient's HMD and tooling with the Unity Engine. You will work on optimizing its performance with Unity and exposing our clients unique capabilities to Unity developers. To be the right person for this role, you must have expertise working with the Unity engine itself and passion for crafting the fundamentals for graphics intensive experiences.
- Define, develop and ship our clients integration to the Unity Engine. Requires you to be comfortable with the different angles and capabilities of the engine itself.
- Design and implement the right interfaces for other Unity developers to build easily and robustly for our HMD and MR capabilities.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel perfect. Be willing to spend time in truly making things awesome, not just great.
- Work as our resident Unity engine expert. You will have a lot of people wanting to talk to you.
- Have fun while working on hard problems.
- Fluent in C/C++ and proven history of writing awesome code which is modular, testable, maintainable and well documented
- Deep expertise of creating products using Unity, integration to the engine and even the internals of the Unity engine itself
- Track record of working on graphics intensive and performance critical projects in the 3D space. This can be gaming or any other similar history. We are not picky in how you learned to be great.
- Knack to find creative and innovative solutions and the persistence to polish them to perfection
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred
- Capable of working closely with our different graphics, computer vision, and product engineering teams to create the right tools. We strongly believe in setting teams for success with cross-functional efforts.
- Previous working experience with VR/AR is a plus but not must.
- Capability to effectively manage your time between multiple simultaneous projects
- Good communication skills in English
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best - the coolest team in Finland
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions