Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:51-200 employees
Trial period:4 months
Founded in 2016, Varjo creates hardware and software to fulfil the vision of immersive computing. Their virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We are looking for Unreal Engine Developer to join the core engineering team focused on building XR software stack. As part of the work, you are bound to go deep into the source code and behaviour of the Unreal Engine itself and make relevant changes to make it suitable for the company's needs. To be the right person for this role, you must have expertise in working with the internals and source code of Unreal Engine (or another 3D game engine) and passion for crafting the fundamentals for graphics-intensive experiences.
- Define, develop and ship our client's integration to the Unreal Engine. Requires you to be comfortable or become comfortable with the Unreal Engine.
- Design and implement the right interfaces for other Unreal developers to build easily and robustly for the company's HMD.
- Work on the whole immersive computing platform where is heavily relied on the internals of Unreal and graphics stack of Windows.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel perfect. Be willing to spend time on making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Partner directly with the Epic Games Unreal engineering teams to design and engineer engine capabilities that our future steps require.
- Work as company's resident Unreal Engine expert. You will have a lot of people wanting to talk to you.
- Have fun while working on hard problems.
- Fluent in C/C++ and proven history of writing awesome code which is modular, testable, maintainable and well documented. Experience of C++ as your primary development language for 6+ years.
- Deep expertise with either the internals of Unreal Engine itself or a similar smaller engine that you have worked on or built yourself.
- Track record of working on graphics-intensive and performance critical projects in the 3D space. This can be gaming or any other similar history. We are not picky in how you learned to be great.
- Knack to find creative and innovative solutions and the persistence to polish them to perfection.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Capable of working closely with our different graphics, computer vision, and product engineering teams to create the right tools. We strongly believe in setting teams for success with cross-functional efforts.
- Previous working experience with VR/AR is a plus but not a must.
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki, relocation assistance is provided
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions