One of skills:
Nice to have skills:
Senior or lead
MoVal is a Finnish services company providing high-level IT expertise combined with business area-specific know-how. The company helps with project management, software development and deployment, cloud development etc.
Our client is a Finnish services company providing high-level IT expertise combined with business area-specific know-how. The company helps with project management, software development and deployment, cloud development etc. Right now, they are looking for a Backend Developer to join their customer in the telecommunications domain. In this role, you will be acting as a lead developer in a platform engineering team responsible for operationalizing infrastructure and platform services for their Insights family of analytics products running across a wide variety of hardware and virtualization platforms and cloud providers. You might feel equally comfortable developing new software to automate administrative tasks and frameworks to simplify application development, as well as testing or troubleshooting field issues in complex distributed systems built on top of open source technologies. As part of your role, you're also contributing to the system architecture and technical documentation, and coaching other team members. Now the work is done fully remotely because of Covid, but in the future, most of it will be done on customer premises in Tampere.
Must have skills:
- At least 5 years of experience in professional software development
- Attention to detail and preference to automate repetitive tasks instead of running them manually over and over again
- Good Linux knowledge: file descriptors and buffers used for connections, NAT tables, conntrack tables, kernel tuning, DNS and network configuration, device management, etc.
- Fluent programming skills in at least 2 of the following programming languages: Go, Java, Scala, Python
- Solid understanding of computer networking: TCP/IP, DNS, TLS handshakes, termination & certificate authentication, higher-level protocols like HTTP, WebSockets and gRPC, VPN, SOCKS and HTTP proxies
- Experience in leveraging cloud-based managed services
- Good understanding of virtualization platforms used in private cloud and/or modern server hardware
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, IAC and IT automation tools & DevOps toolchains
- Experience in using open source solutions, a track record of open source contributions is highly valued
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions