One of skills:
Nice to have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite or remote
Level:Senior or lead
Company size:51-200 employees
ChartMogul is an analytics platform that helps clients run their subscription business. The platform provides a complete overview of the client's global subscriber base; MRR, ARPU, ASP, churn and LTV are presented in a beautiful and easy-to-use dashboard. ChartMogul's mission is to build powerful and secure cloud software for subscription businesses of all sizes, with a strong emphasis on good design and ease of use.
- Build, guide, scale, and mentor high-performance engineering teams. Directly support and manage some of the product development engineering leads (they support multiple engineers);
- Support the creation and execution of delivery plans and quarterly team goals, deploy best-in-class processes, and innovate in software engineering;
- Proactively identify, prioritize, triage, and resolve issues as they arise while working closely with other engineering leaders;
- Help support multiple work streams, projects, and deliverables of your teams;
- Collaborate with Technical Architects, Product Managers, Web Designers, Customer Success, Sales, and other teams to help ship the technology needed for product and architectural enhancements;
- Responsibilities are approximately 70% team management/people support and 30% tech (tech design input, architecture and PR reviews, coding, etc.). Despite the increasingly strategic nature of the role, it is expected that you have a strong engineering background to support your teams sufficiently;
- Focus on: new and existing product development.
- At least 8 years of experience in web development with at least 3 years of experience managing multiple engineering teams;
- Experience managing multiple engineering managers (or tech/eng leads);
- Strong database knowledge and understanding of commercial services on cloud providers;
- Strong technical leadership skills, including architecting robust distributed systems;
- Successful track record recruiting, retaining, managing, and onboarding software engineers;
- Empathetic, with a preference for servant leadership, and respected as a team builder and mentor;
- English fluency, the candidate can understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience with Ruby on Rails;
- Experience with PostgreSQL;
- Experience with AWS (especially Kubernetes clusters);
- Experience with CI/CD systems;
- Familiarity with Data Engineering infrastructure.
Benefits and conditions:
- Trial period: 6 months;
- Stock options;
- Paid holidays and sick days;
- Annual education budget;
- Work laptop provided;
- Annual offsites.
- Intro call with Toughbyte;
- HR runs an interview with the candidate;
- Intro call with VP of Engineering;
- Tech round (meeting some of the people the candidate will be supporting);
- In-depth call with VP of Engineering;
- Interview with the CEO;
- Reference check.