Scala Developer for Tech Logistics
Must have skills:
Scala Developer for Tech Logistics
Our client is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. They drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages the teams choose to use.
We're looking for a Senior Scala Developer for Europe’s leading online fashion platform, doing business in 15 markets. Delivering first-class shopping experiences to +15 million customers requires moving fast — with microservices, Agile processes and autonomous teams — and using cutting-edge, open source technologies.
As a software engineer, you will work together with a team of experienced experts across multiple tech locations to create an entire ecosystem for fashion brands and retailers, covering the whole pipeline from production to distribution. You will be working with state-of-the-art technology to build an integration platform which connects fashion suppliers to diverse distribution channels from ecommerce sites to brick & mortar stores, bringing modern methodologies like machine learning and image recognition to an area still in the process of digitalization.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 5+ years of software development experience and ideally a masters degree in computer science or a similar field.
- You are a team player at heart, purpose first, ego second. You enjoy peer reviewing and mentoring.
- You have extensive experience with Scala, it’s concepts and related technologies like Akka, Play Framework.
- You understand the benefits and pitfalls of cloud computing and have run a fleet of systems on AWS.
- You successfully designed and operated large-scale distributed microservice architectures. You have experience with designing reactive systems. You know how to design for resilience, i.e. loose-coupling.
- You have in-depth knowledge of runtime behavior (JVM garbage collection, multi-threading/concurrency, I/O).
- You have a solid understanding of different database management systems (relational, document-based, key/value).
- You write well-structured and documented test-driven code.
- You care deeply about all the aspects of high-quality software (security, performance, maintainability, testability...).
- You will be part of an agile and experienced team that will help create an entire ecosystem for fashion businesses.
- You will take on the responsibility to deliver new features from design through implementation to operation.
- You will collaborate with data scientists to create smart solutions for automated data integration.
- You will be part of a multi-cultural team with different native languages, skills and backgrounds.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- An exceptional opportunity to develop your skill set while learning from a team of top experts who will inspire and support you
- Use of cutting-edge open source technologies and cloud services
- Learning and growth opportunities: weekly tech talks, company-hosted tech meetups, rich team library (which you can expand with your book requests), possibility of visiting conferences
- Complimentary fruit, beverages, table soccer, ping pong and band room
- Employee discount
- Powerful hardware system environment
- Through mentoring program, you will get up to speed and become productive very quickly
- You will never be bored! A very exciting and fun working environment is offered!
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions