Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite or remote
Company size:11-50 employees
Trial period:6 months
PortalOne develops mobile-first “hybrid games” that combine games and live shows to give users a more engaging games experience, with stunning visuals and interactivity and elements of Mixed Reality. The product combines casual gaming with a AAA visual style.
You will be a client-side game developer working in a small powerful team, developing all aspects from prototyping to maintaining and updating the game after launch. Your responsibilities will include:
- Primarily you will develop using Unreal Engine with blueprints and C++, but also other tools as you find the need
- Write efficient, clear and well-documented code
- Owning and delivering gameplay features and tech solutions
- Assisting in sprint planning and roadmaps with insights and technical advice
- Helping other colleagues and work together to solve technical challenges and achieve the best result
Must have skills:
- Extensive experience in C++ and UE4's blueprint system
- Preferably 4 years experience working in the game industry (if you have some exceptional experience it can be 3+ years)
- 3+ years experience with Unreal Engine (since hiring more programmers, someone with strong experience from other platforms combined with quick learning abilities is also possible)
- Advanced English
- Culture is important as well as skills - need to make sure the person fits the multidisciplinary environment, they're not just a game company.
Good to have skills:
- Bonus if the candidate has experience working with an Unreal VR game
- Experience working with an Unreal mobile game
Check out the answers to frequent questions about this position below. Can't find the answer you're looking for? Ask us via email or try the company page.
How does the interview process look like?
- Toughbyte screening call.
- Screening video interview for 45 mins (tech+culture).
- Test assignment (~5-8 hours)
- Tech interview
- Tech/culture Interview
- Offer Interview