Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement: Remote
Industry: Computer Games
Required experience: 5+ years
Size: 501-1,000 employees
Magic Media is an international tech group powered by building creativity and protecting innovation. They are home to an expansive group of professionals and industry-leading experts across all avenues from interactive entertainment, software, application and game development to cybersecurity, VFX, art and animation.
They are looking for a talented Senior Pipeline & Tools Technical Artist to join and support their team on a very ambitious project. The ideal candidate should have extensive full-time experience in building bridges between artists and engineers and in doing so, maintain a close relationship with many disciplines to drive both existing and future tech and tools, especially in Unreal Engine.
- Maintaining and improving pipelines and workflows in order for the art teams to work effectively, efficiently, and comfortably
- Mentor other technical artists to support their growth, manage CI/CD pipeline for artists, and write technical documentation
- Hands-on scripting and technical tools pipeline development to refine and improve the team’s workflow
- Optimizing pipelines between the artist publishing tools, asset databases, and the version control backend
- Continually build and troubleshoot the artist data (e.g. assets, props, textures, materials, characters, etc.) and the pipeline that produces it
- Connecting various DCCs/tools/systems into cohesive pipelines from content creation through to the game (mainly for Art and Animation teams)
- Maintaining existing pipelines and automation processes for ongoing development work on released projects
- Creating user interfaces (Desktop and Web) to interact with and manage our Automation Systems
- Planning and rolling out improvements to the Technical Art development processes – introducing new patterns of working
- Develop tools and systems across departments and serve as the liaison between art and engineering
- At least 5+ years of experience as a technical artist on a shipped AAA title
- Deep understanding of Unreal Engine
- Experience in writing tools, scripts, and pipeline development, ideally for video games
- Mastery with scripting languages like Python and a working knowledge of Maya and/or other 3d content creation applications
- Overall knowledge of the 3d content creation process and pipeline
- Experience using source control software (i.e. Perforce, Plastic, Git) and working on a code base collaboratively
- Comfortable coding in modern IDEs and debugging.
- Understanding of using DCC packages for authoring game Art and/or Animation
- Professional experience working in a large team spread across multiple locations and timezones
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting, and process automation workflows
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate between technical and artistic language
- Experience in developing big open-world games and sandbox tools
- Background in a wide variety of platforms like PC, VR, and WebGL games
- Working knowledge of Houdini, tool creation for artists and designers
- Scripting skills in C++, C# and/or MaxScript
- Experience setting up CI/CD systems (GitLab, Jenkins, or similar)
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide.
- Career growth and development.
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
- Intro call with Toughbyte
- A culture-fit interview
- A technical interview
- Test assignment or code review
- A final interview
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions