Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Remote only
Level:Junior or middle
Company size:51-200 employees
Toughbyte is building a tech recruitment platform that helps companies and developers find each other. Our main advantage is the ability to combine automation with a personalized approach to every candidate and client, which is enabled by our distributed team of recruiters. Since 2015, we've expanded to eight countries and seen growth of up to 80% each year. We work remotely in small autonomous teams and have an open & supportive company culture.
We're looking for Ruby developers to join our team. Since we have a structured onboarding process and an established curriculum, we are ready to consider candidates with no prior work experience and teach them everything we know.
We use the latest versions of libraries, Kanban, GitHub flow, CI/CD and contribute to open source.
- Familiarity with Ruby and the desire to grow in the area of web development
- Familiarity with CSS
- Product mindset, ability to understand and solve business problems
- Basic written English, we use it for all of our documentation
- Spoken Russian, our entire development team is currently Russian speaking
- Developing the backend and frontend of our platform on Ruby on Rails
- Integrating the platform with third party services via APIs
- Fully remote work and flexible working hours
- Ability to independently design and implement new features from scratch
- Opportunity to see the end result of your work and receive regular feedback from end-users
- Transparent professional grade system and well-established processes
- Compensation of medical, sport and educational expenses
- Daily English practice and free language lessons
- 28 working days or 5.5 weeks of paid vacation a year as well as 100% paid sick leaves
- In person get-togethers with other team members
- Introductory call with the HR manager, 30 minutes
- Test assignment, 80 minutes
- Interview with the Development Lead and Manager, 60 minutes
Check out the answers to frequent questions about this position below. Can't find the answer you're looking for? Ask us via email or try the company page.
You need to be able to read and understand technical documentation in English.
As of April 1st 2022, we have 10 developers, excluding the two founders, who also have a developer background. Our development team is growing quickly though and we also have a UX designer.
We don't, unfortunately. You need to have your own.