Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Onsite only
Visa sponsorship:Not provided
Company size:201-500 employees
Trial period:6 months
CoverWallet, an Aon company, is the leading digital insurance platform for small and medium-sized businesses. They are dedicated to making insurance simple, fast and convenient so that businesses around the world can get the protection they need and get back to what matters most - growing and managing their business. Powered by deep analytics, thoughtful design, and state-of-the-art technology, CoverWallet is reinventing the $200 billion commercial insurance market for small and medium-sized businesses.
Now our client is seeking a Head of Data Engineering to be responsible for developing and governing the data and information strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. You will develop data procedures and policies, and work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect and analyze data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices. Other duties will include leading interdisciplinary teams, improving and streamlining data products within the company, and driving innovation.The successful candidate will have a proven track record in data management, leadership and information technology systems and tools. A strong background in IT, business and data science is advantageous.
- You’re a data technologist with a passion for innovation;
- Thorough understanding of the business and data strategy;
- Experience in the development and implementation of a data strategy;
- Data Engineering and software development background;
- Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions, and tools;
- You have an in-depth knowledge of SQL and strong experience with PostgreSQL;
- You have a strong understanding of software development with Python and/or Go;
- You keep up to date with industry developments and are aware of the latest ETL,Data Warehouse or Data Lake strategies;
- You’re collaborative with strong communication skills;
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field;
- 5 to 10 years experience in a data management role;
- People management experience;
- Project management skills;
- Analytically minded.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions