Business software company
Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Business software company
Spanish start-up with a B2C business-model founded in 2012. The Company is building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day-to-day work. With their technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience by delivering premium service to their customers. It is a mature startup, they’ve done over 3 mln deliveries this year.
NOTE: The company is willing to consider only EU citizens. What you’ll find is
- Microservices, microservices and microservices, with more than 27 in production
- More than 3.4K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Docker containers from your local environment until production.
- DevOps mentality
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Work in one of our teams to improve our clients experience.
- Delivering high quality, well tested code.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Monitor and troubleshoot software deployed in production.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices; grow team’s excellence around the JVM, FP and cloud technologies.
What we are looking for:
- Work permit for the EU.
- While we do not require previous Java/Scala knowledge, you should be willing to learn them.
- 4+ years of real, hands-on experience in backend programming in a professional environment.
- Experience with strongly typed programming languages or willing to learn.
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges, in fact you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.We are an international company, ability to read in English is needed.
It’d be great if you:
- Have knowledge of Java 8 and it’s functional bits.
- Have Scala Knowledge is a big plus.
- Experience with Spring Framework (very welcome).
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote when needed.
- Paid vacation leave.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/German classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions