First Derivatives (FD) is a global technology provider with more than 20 years of experience working with some of the world's largest finance, technology, automotive, manufacturing and energy institutions. The Group's Kx technology, incorporating the kdb+ time-series database, is a leader in high-performance, in-memory computing, streaming analytics and operational intelligence. Kx delivers the best possible performance and flexibility for high-volume, data-intensive analytics and applications across multiple industries. FD operates from 15 offices across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, including its headquarters in Newry, and employs more than 2,400 people worldwide.
Now, KX is looking for an experienced Test Engineering Leader to define their test strategy and lead the transformation of their QA practice. This is an opportunity to build a team of software engineers in test who are working with cutting edge technology while maintaining a strong engineering culture.
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related subject plus solid experience building and managing teams of engineers
- Solid understanding of Agile practices
- You are a strong people manager and a passionate technologist, able to communicate on a high level with software engineers
- You have a proven track record of scaling and managing multiple teams while implementing best practices
- You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive engineering and product development.
- Excellent leadership, management and communication skills
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions