Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement:Remote only
Level:Middle or senior
Company size:11-50 employees
Trial period:3 months
Modern Ventures is a single LP, industry agnostic venture building studio working to bring visionary ideas to reality. The MV team believes that the opportunity to create industry defining, tech-forward ventures is bigger than ever today. Our leadership team comes from Airbnb, Sprout Therapy, Google and have raised from General Catalyst, Founders Fund, and Tiger Global. Modern Venture’s portfolio has created >$400M in enterprise value in less than 48 months.
- Build data visualization dashboards;
- Provide accurate, reliable and accessible business metrics as well as contextualizing them in operational performance with research and advanced analysis.
- Work closely with Data Engineers to effectively organize and distill data, ask appropriate questions to understand hypotheses and requests, and visualize and present complex data in a compelling manner to the company’s executives.
- Build new analytics and reporting capabilities to support program evaluation and operations.
- Handle reporting and analytics requests, while addressing Stakeholder long-term needs and driving insights Executives
- Intake on business needs and apply contextual knowledge in order to scope data requests, synthesize insights, and recommend solutions to key business partners in collaboration with others.
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional partners and internal teams to deliver solutions in a timely fashion.
- Proactively manage stakeholder expectations, manage escalations and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL or relational database
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization tools
- Experience manipulating large data sets through object-oriented programming
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Familiar with code management practices (git/github)
Nice to have skills:
ETL/ELT (Python and/or Airflow)
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions