Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Archipelo is building an intelligent code discovery platform that provides the best tools for developers to discover code in any form—and benefit through insights, recognition, and greater productivity. They are transforming code search to improve the practice of modern programming—using a graph-based approach drawing on data from the entire open source ecosystem. They're on a mission to build the world's best code discovery engine. Archipelo is well-funded by top investors in Silicon Valley, including the first investors of Google, Twitter, Zoom, LinkedIn, and Uber. Their team has backgrounds from NASA, LinkedIn, Facebook, Amazon, AWS, Cisco and MIT, Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley.
Right now, they are seeking a Full Stack Engineer to lead technology development on the frontier of code discovery and developer productivity. A successful applicant is an expert in application development to address complex challenges that span natural language, code syntax and networks. You will help their team design, test and rapidly iterate on multiple products and services stemming from their core technology. You will develop prototypes, tools, and methods that inform decision-making for software developers (e.g. “Is this the right solution to my coding problem?” or “How do I implement this specific code in my application?” or “What code libraries are other developers using to solve my problem?”).
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience (or close to that)
- Experience owning, shipping, and iterating on web products with a large user base
- Deep understanding of best practices in client-side web development and architecture
- Expertise with server-side tooling & API design and development
- Ability to learn and evaluate new technologies quickly
- Experience with Python
- Experience deploying solutions in an Agile/DevOps CI/CD environment
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science/engineering, physics, mathematics or related technical field with equivalent practical experience
- Experience with enterprise architecture and deployment on-premises
- Experience with multiple cloud infrastructure and deployment systems
- Experience in platform development to solve complex business problems at scale