Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
Considering candidates from:
CIS and Schengen
CIS and Schengen
Work arrangement:Remote only
Company size:11-50 employees
Trial period:3 months
The Giving Block is a venture capital-funded business that makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax-efficient way to support their favourite causes. They work with 250+ nonprofits and have processed millions of dollars in cryptocurrency donations. Their goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations.
Right now, the company is looking for a Backend Developer who will have the opportunity to help build out their core technology and integrate with nonprofit and crypto industry-leading products. This role will work closely with the co-founders to design and build new features and integrations for some of the largest nonprofit organizations in the world. As with most startups, your work will vary day today, so no two days will be the same.
- 5+ years of experience as a back-end developer with at least 2 recent years of experience with NodeJS
- Experience with OOP
- Experience with System Design
- Experience with SQL Databases
- At least interest to learn TypeScript (experience is a big advantage)
- English has to be great
- Interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency and/or nonprofits
- Startup experience is a big advantage
- Remote experience is an advantage
Check out the answers to frequent questions about this position below. Can't find the answer you're looking for? Ask us via email or try the company page.
How does the interview process look like?
- Toughbyte runs a short screening call.
- 2 hours tech interview (+small simple coding challenge).
- Culture fit with co-founder (30-40 mins).