Must have skills:
Considering candidates from:
Work arrangement: Onsite only
Industry: Financial technology
Visa sponsorship: Provided
Company size: 1,001-5,000 employees
Wise, formerly TransferWise, is a money transfer service launched in 2011. The company supports more than 750 currency routes across the world. Valued at over $5B, it is one of the top fintech companies in Europe.
We're looking for Java Fullstack Developers for the European money transfer service launched in 2011. The company supports more than 750 currency routes across the world. It is one of the top 10 Fintech companies in Europe. The office is located in Tallinn. This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work
- Travel to work with the teams in London and Budapest as well as meet various partners and organizations when needed
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you:
- Passionate about technology and its relationship with business and user experience.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems.
- Experience using a back-end MVC Frameworks.
- Experience with Java 8 and Spring Boot.
- Experience developing in a modern front end framework, Angular.js is preferred, but experience with Backbone, Ember, Knockout or React is also relevant.
- Experience working with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas.
- Understanding of test driven development (TDD), the ability to structure your code so it’s testable, and the desire to write tests.
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates.
- Possess empathy for the user and able to build great code that drives fantastic user experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Be willing to travel, to work and learn with dev teams in Estonia and Ukraine.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth company, and throw themselves fully into a revolution.
- Be open, communicative, and fun to work with.
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile development
- Experience using database abstraction layers like Hibernate
- Teamlead experience
Some of your benefits:
Apart from the all-expenses-paid company trips, stock options in one of Europe’s most hotly tipped startups, a laptop and team lunches every other Thursday, you won’t get much in the way of extras. However, we will give you 28 days holiday a year (plus public holidays), a fun, friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to grow and the chance to be part of our little revolution. Oh, and coffee, there’s plenty of coffee.
Relocation assistance is provided!
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions