Must have skills:
Nice to have skills:
AlphaSense is a revolutionary AI-powered search engine for market intelligence used by financial firms and corporations across industries and geographies. With more than 1,000 enterprise clients, their mission is to enable knowledge professionals to acquire critical business insights and data with speed and conviction. The company's search technology leverages AI and NLP to parse topics, concepts and ideas semantically and uncover the most relevant insights from previously fragmented data sets.
Our client transforms the way companies get information and make critical decisions with its AI-powered market intelligence platform. The company mission is to organize and semantically index global investment and market research data, allowing clients to be more efficient and outdo the competition. Used by the largest and fastest-growing corporations and financial firms worldwide, the company is headquartered in NYC with offices in London, Helsinki, San Francisco, and Boston. Now the company is seeking for an experienced Java Developer to help to create the next big thing in data analysis and search solutions. The candidate will join the team of world-class experts developing the company's platform. The team is right at the very core of what the company does and responsible for implementing the cutting edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of crawling, searching and text processing functions. The ideal candidate has strong Java skills accompanied by solid experience with working with cloud computing.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Background in development of large scale data analytics software and algorithm design
- 3+ years of software development experience in Java, Linux, and scripting languages (shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in extracting structured information from document archives and in developing text processing systems
- Experience using relational and search databases (SOLR/Lucene, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with working with cloud computing (preferably AWS or GCP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Position closed, but we can still help
Check out our current open positions